Become a catalyst for positive change in your community
What is community development? Why do we do it? How does it help?
Tour five non-profit organizations in Central Saint John. Learn what they do and hear them ‘pitch’ a project to us.
Look over the projects we have heard about and choose which one each person would like to work on. Projects can be taken on individually or in teams.
Bring in the experts! Work with an experienced fundraiser, volunteer, and advocate to come up with a plan.
Get out there! Put your plan into action and impact your corner of the world.
- There is no cost to the program.
- The program is open to all kids ages 7-12.
- Kids completing all 12 weeks will earn a Kidstart Certificate in Community Development at a graduation ceremony.
- Kids who have already completed on segment of the Kids Lead program and who wish to attend again are welcome to do so!
- A healthy snack will be provided at each session.
- Every session has a minimum of two adults present with kids at all time. All staff and volunteers have been trained and have passed criminal checks and vulnerable persons checks.
Our next program
September 28 – December 14, 2020
"I like the program Kids Lead. It was fun. I like the part where we go and visit the organizations and learn about what they do."
"I am very happy that I came to this program. It inspired me to do new things like help others. My favourite one was the Food Basket. It was nice that they do not need to pay and get food that is good and special food. I want to help them by raising money. Thank you so much!"